Monday, March 29, 2010

The Three P's: Pizza, Pickles and P***y

Oh, Monday seems to be unusually rough today. Maybe it's because we had so much fun over the weekend -- all starting with homemade pizza Friday night courtesy of SO. I didn't get a picture of the pizza, but thought of the blog on Saturday when the remaning dough became a stromboli. Here's a shot before the stromboli when on the grill:















And, here we have my half of the finished product. Most yummy, I must say. The stromboli included some smoked sausage that was not on Friday night's pizza and it was a good addition.















Since we can't garden yet, we are still entertaining ourselves by antiquing. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but along the way, we've been picking up these maps called "Sunday Driver Directories". They are divided up into different areas and feature stores from that region. The stores pay to be in there but we've found them to be really helpful -- at least if you strike off in a particular direction, you can see what other stores are in that area. With that said, I did take just a couple of amusing pictures from yesterday's excusion:


Who doesn't need a pickle planter??? It was coming home with me till SO saw the crack on the side. And, for some reason, this particular antique mall had a lot of pickles -- pickle pins, mainly.



Oh, and this was the best -- a naked lady nutcracker:


Maybe I should have bought it. I doubt I will ever see another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment