Thursday, April 1, 2010

Scenes from my Sewing Room

Somehow my sewing room is developing a personality. I did not do this intentionally. It's just happened little bit by little bit over the past year.


For starters, we have what's happened with my yarn stash. If you've read much of this blog, you know I've gotten a little crazy over having old suitcases to store my yarn stash in:
















And, actually, I have two other ones that just came into my possession but I haven't fully integrated them into the room, so no pics yet.

The other major theme that has developed started out with three little dresses that were mine when I was a baby. First I cleaned them and pressed them. Then we found old hangers to hang them on...then I started adding little knitted things to them such as hand-knit booties and mittens.













This shot is of the "little girl" area". In the picture, it looks sort of cluttered. I confess that I really don't have a good eye for design and I believe it shows in this picture. I'd say this looks more like a small collection than something with real aesthetic appeal.











What I need is to get SO, who does have the design eye, to straighten this out so it doesn't look like a small junk shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment