Monday, March 8, 2010

A Trio of Fun New Things

Happy Monday World!

Once again, I ask the eternal question: Why is the weekend sooooo short?

It was kind of a busy weekend that included running errands, working, cooking, knitting, and prowling around a new-to-us antique store.

I took a couple of picture to share with TBD -- they are from my phone so please forgive the quality.

Way back in September, I was visiting my friend Pam and had the nerve to ask her for one of her paintings. She very graciously said yes and shipped it up to me. I picked it up from the framers on Saturday. The people in the frame store fell in love with it and everyone asked me if the painting was of my child...ah, no...but I spent a lot of time as a little girl at the beach so I guess that is why this picture appealed to me so much:













A while back, I wrote about how I was planning to embark on a new eating plan and I did. I've been doing it for about five weeks. The first two weeks were a little rough but I think I'm settling in pretty good now. The new eating plan includes far less sugar than I was eating before. The truth is, I really love my sugar and I was eating a lot of it. I decided to experiment this weekend and make some raw vegan peanut butter cups -- which was fun on a number of levels: for starters, it fits into my new eating lifestyle because they are made with agave nectar instead of sugar which is much less glycemic; second, I got to make use of my raw vegan food prep knowledge; third, I finally got to use the candy mold I bought just for this purpose two years ago. On the downside, the chocolate gave me a hard time, but they taste great!














And, now onto knitting. There is a legend in the knitting world that if you knit your boyfriend a sweater, it curses the relationship and results in a breakup. I'm not willing to risk that so I made a hat for SO last week and finished it this weekend. I felt bad for him during all that snow, etc. that he didn't have a warm knit hat. Once I saw the skull cap, I knew it would be a hit. Luckily I just took the color knitting class and found out how to make it! SO picked out the colors himself (the yarn is Cascade 220) and I think he did a great job. I have enough now to make a red one with a grey skull for myself, but I wonder if it's too corny for us to have sort-of matching hats?














But -- "What about the antique store?" you ask...Yes, I did buy another suitcase for my yarn. I will report on that later this week so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment