Thursday, March 25, 2010

Something Old and Something New...

I was cleaning out the pictures in my phone the other day and found this:















This is a little quilt that I made for a friend awhile ago. It's called a chronicle quilt and the fabric is actually sewed randomly onto pieces of newsprint. This style of quilt-making was popularized in the mid-west and newspapers were actually used -- specifically a newspaper called "The Chronicle". I like making these types of quilts because they are fast, easy and interesting to look at. It's hard to believe but when you wash them, the newspaper does not disintegrate; it just softens.

And, here's something new -- I had so much fun making the green scarf last weekend, that I went ahead and made one in pink as well. Not sure if I'm keeping it or saving it for a gift. I'm thinking it will be a gift as I still have a skein of this yarn in red if I want one for myself.














All of this scarf knitting of course is a detour away from finishing the blue hoodie which I had hoped would be done by Easter but that is not going to happen. I am still slaving away on the second sleeve. Geez, sleeves take a long time.

In cooking news, I swear I really am going to inventory the beef this weekend.

That's all for now -- have a terrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment