Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hammock Knitting

Spring is finally here! Yippee!! I even laid in my hammock for awhile this afternoon.

March is winding down, but I did manage to knit up a few new things in the past week. The first is something I did in the hammock today -- a big, chunky dark green scarf:

















This is a gift for a friend who is recovering from surgery. I know she can't wear it till next fall, but I thought it was a little different than sending flowers and since she's a knitter, it will excite her more than a non-knitter who might, in fact, prefer flowers or a fruit basket. One skein of yarn out of the stash too! As you can see, it's been dried outside in the ultra gorgeous weather. I hope it's dry by tomorrow so I can send it off.

Right before I finished the scarf, I completed the last project for my color knitting class. It was supposed to be a purse, but because of my tension, it is more like a cell phone case.















I can proudly say I'm a color knitter now!!

Last night, I went to see a show called "500 Clown Macbeth" -- click here for more info. It was wild: acrobatics, clowns, Shakespeare -- all mixed up. Very enjoyable. If you ever get the chance to see them, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment