Monday, March 1, 2010

February Knitting Update

Right under the wire, last night, I managed to finish the red and black socks -- the second sock also got the black toe-Frankenstein treatment. So glad to get these off my needles! I think they've been hanging around for about a month. The second sock is just so much plodding. I'm pleased with them though -- I needed a pair of socks with these colors:















Also, I am taking a color knitting class and I finished my first project this week (a little detour from the socks):

This is a headband and I found working with color difficult but the results pretty satisfying. The headband is a bit tight so I think this is just going to be for looking at!


And, here it is Monday morning and all the little knitting projects are off the needles. Back I go to the plodding away on the seed stitch sweater and whatever the next color knitting project is -- and and back to work too.

And, the Olympics are over. My SO said last night that it seemed like such a long time since they started. He's right about that. It's only been 17 days and yet so much has happened in the world since then. A day is so short and at the same time, they do add up and before you know it time has passed and we can't get it back. Reminds me of the last part of the lyrics from "Another Sleep Song" by Graham Nash:

"Has this empty hollow heart forsaken me?
I wonder if I'll ever get to feel like I did before I grew up.

Shake me by the shoulder if I lying with you now.
There is no time to waste another day
'Cause we watch them fly away."

No comments:

Post a Comment