Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Missions Accomplished!

SO and I ventured forth to a new antique mall last weekend. It wasn't far from his house, but not in a direction we normally go. The place ended up having some really interesting stuff -- although pricey. The topper for me was an old backpack made out of some kind of animal hide with leather straps going around it. Had the straps not been broken, I believe I would have taken it home for yarn stashing. It was truly unique. We did buy a few things -- things we've been on the hunt for!

SO's big purchase was an old pair of wooden skis complete with the poles -- really, he's been looking for poles to match the old pair of red skis he got awhile ago, but these old wooden ones are really cool. Here you can see both pairs with the poles:


 
Posted by Picasa



And, I found another old suitcase to contain the big pile of yarn stash that wouldn't fit in the suitcase that I have. I was also looking at an old green trunk. SO said, "You know if you buy that, you will really go wild." As much as the thought of really going wild appeals to me, after much deliberation, I decided that keeping with my suitcase theme was more important. Plus, the suitcases take up less room and I can arrange them in different ways.


 
Posted by Picasa



It's a nice little suitcase, but I keeping thinking about that animal hide backpack...oh, the possibilities....

No comments:

Post a Comment