Wednesday, February 24, 2010

425

This is what 425 pounds of beef looks like packed into a Mini Cooper:















Of course, my discerning readers are hungry for more detail so here you go:














Yes, we did the beef pickup tonight as planned. The meat was very nicely packaged and all of the ground beef was in tubes like sausage. Now, SO has the project of stashing all of this in his freezer -- that could require discarding some old items (at least this time, things aren't being cast out by my hand!). I suspect there will be some smoked brisket this weekend.

The farmer wasn't there but his Mrs. was and she helped us put the beef in the car and handled the transaction. I learned that they also grow all the grain and hay that they feed the animals so I'm anxious to try the meat as I know the food makes a difference in the taste of the meat. They are also working on a chicken CSA -- stayed tuned for further developments there.

A parting shot of the horse barn -- I didn't get a good pic, but the horses were all dressed up in their blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment