Monday, August 30, 2010

SO Puts His Foot Down

SO is very supportive of my "creativity". But, come to find out he has his limits.

Last Saturday we were in the middle of a triple whammy pickin' day -- yard/garage sales first, antique stores second and finishing up with an auction. Mid-morning we ended up on a total wild goose chase when we got hooked into following for signs for a moving sale way out in the country. We followed those signs for miles and found the road, but never found the sale. I will say the person put a lot into the signs though.

I had a feeling that the next sale we found would yield pure gold!

The next thing we found was a big sale in some type of mechanics parking lot. I saw a big, white, metal birdcage that I liked but could not decide where I would put it in my "storage shed". We went back and forth talking about how much to offer, what I would do with it, etc. As we strolled along and looked at the other things for sale, I spied something pretty unique in the world of crocheted/knitted objects.

I started to shake for I have never encountered anything like this before; yet, SO finally said, "NO...I'm not going to negotiate the price..." Here is the now-fabled item:




I'm sure you are wondering: it includes plastic nipples that seem to be from baby bottles.






And, while SO wouldn't haggle over this lovely item, I couldn't leave without trying. It was marked $5 and can you believe they wouldn't come off that price???

No comments:

Post a Comment