Monday, August 16, 2010

SO's Quilt!!!

Almost a year ago, SO said he wanted an old quilt...I knew I had one that needed a little work and thought I'd fix it up for him. When I went to find it, in the same garbage bag was an old quilt top crunched up into a ball. I had no idea where it came from, but I showed it to SO and he would like to have it.

The quilt top was in excellent shape -- as you will see below, it is a Dresden Plate pattern made with feedsack probably from the thirties -- but it did have some brown stains that needed to be removed. One weekend back last fall, we took our first plunge into cleaning vintage textiles and got the stains out.

I found a quilter...but because of her work backlog, she couldn't work on it till last month.

At long last, I picked it up last week and when I first saw it, it took my breath away. I put the binding on and here's the finished product:










































As it turns out, I had gotten the quilt top from a dear friend who had bought it at an auction for a dollar about 40 years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment