Monday, August 16, 2010

Giraffe Socks

Have to apologize for these pics...I was on the road and just putting together blog posts on the fly. The first picture was actually taken in the car on the way to the airport:



Since I'm traveling, I using Flat Feet Socks yarn which comes in a panel -- this prevents a ball of yarn from roaming around on an airplane. Also, I am using two circular needles instead of four double points -- the double pointed needles have such a habit of wandering off, especially on an airplane that once I learned how to make socks with the circs about 8 months ago, there was just no turning back. The whole set up looks odd, but it's really practical.

I had one sock done for quite awhile and before going on the road last Friday, I had only a couple of inches done on the dreaded second sock. There's really nothing like a trip to help me bust through the boring-ness of the second sock.

So, now these are finished. I'm an eentsy-weentsy bit farther to getting my sock yarn stash under control.











Of course, I set up the next sock on the needles right away and I think they are going to be the most beautiful socks I've ever knitted...until the next pair comes along....

No comments:

Post a Comment