Thursday, August 26, 2010

Getting Back into The Broken Dishes Groove

Not much creativity going on here this week as I'm up to my ears in digging out from being away. First, there was the insane amount of wash that had piled up: 10 days out of town, half a week's worth at home and then even some at SO's. Turns out I really do have more than two week's worth of underwear, apparently.

Then, the fridge -- scary situation there too. I had farm share stuff in there from way before I left and it was kind of on its last legs then...so imagine what an extra couple of weeks did to some cucumbers. And, since I use those green bags to store them in, I then had to wash those and find place to dry them all over the kitchen.

The house got cleaned yesterday and the woman who helps me with that called me at work to let me know that the five gothic dolls I bought for $1 at a garage sale were creeping her out and she was having trouble cleaning the spare bedroom they are in.

SO came over last night and helped out too -- six more lovely paint by numbers pictures that I bought weeks ago are now part of the gallery.

I got through all my credit card receipts, etc. and paid the bills last night which always makes me feel free and clean -- a feeling that lasts too briefly.

Then, we have the matter of the cat. She hasn't helped out with one single thing. What a bum! Such a mooch -- all she wants is stinky, wet cat food. And, to top things off, she's decided that she wants to hang out in the recycling pile:













And, of course, I'm still behind at work but today I should make some good progress on that front.

By the weekend, I will have things back in order and be back to my usual high jinx. Actually, I sent SO a few yard sale links for sales starting today so let's see what he's able to scare up!

No comments:

Post a Comment