Saturday, January 2, 2010

Climb Every Mountain...

Did I mention that my refrigerator quit on me right before leaving on vacation? Ugh! I have a new fridge on order but no delivery date yet. I get back from my trip tomorrow night and originally was planning to start the year out right by working on becoming a "smaller person".

This whole thing falls under the heading of, "The Best Laid Plans". In the weeks before we left, I spent time thinking about exactly how I would execute and implement my master plan for 2010. And, then the darn fridge broke and now things will not be going as planned. Isn't that always the way? I was hoping to get out of the gates smoothly...

So, there are bumps in the road right away. I had planned on going to the grocery store and getting all of my fruits and vegetables ready on Monday morning and now I have to postpone that until I know when the delivery is going to happen.

The truth is, the bumps were coming at some point. I have to hang in there with this whole initiative for awhile so I'm going to get lots of opportunities to respond to challenge -- like going on a business trip in three weeks.

Even with the challenges, I'm looking forward to this project. I've thought about it for awhile and I'm ready to let go of some old, comfy behaviors. Instead of working on my cookbook project, I will be working on this and won't be busy testing yummy, high fat recipes until perfect.

My SO asked me what my target was and I replied, "I don't know yet, but I will know when I get there." It will be an interesting journey. I promise to keep this blog updated with highlights from the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment