Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Agony and The Ecstasy

The Agony: Still no refrigerator. And...they wanted to delay delivering it till Saturday after I'd been told today or tomorrow. This delivery company is awful, but I'm not making a fuss till the fridge is in, the old one is out and everything is working. I had to strong arm a bit, but they've committed to tomorrow. Ugh! This has been stressful all the way around. I hope the stress ends when the delivery is completed.

The Ecstasy: The smoker arrived yesterday and the cookbooks for the smoker arrived today. Dear SO got wood chips today. There's a pork loin waiting in the freezer to be the sacrificial offering to the smoking gods. Sometime over the weekend we are going to give it a try.

Meanwhile, I'm still fantasizing about the farm share and so wishing I'd kept a diary from last year...I sort of remember that there was a lot of cabbage in June and then there were a couple of mega-cucumber weeks.

And, I've taken the notion to make a little zine-style cookbook for the holidays for next year. I'm thinking I will "just" select a recipe each month and then there will be twelve for a little booklet for next year. Of course, artwork will be needed and I'm not much of an artist, but maybe I can pass it off as "charming".

OK, it's the afternoon and still no word on when the refrigerator is coming -- what a nailbiter this has become!

No comments:

Post a Comment