Monday, February 22, 2010

Cooking To Do List

Rattling around in the back of my brain is a Cooking To Do List -- it's not like my regular to do list of mundane things like get info together for taxes, etc. -- this is my little fantasy world of stuff that I'm meaning to get into. In honor of it being Monday, I'm going to share my list:



First up -- I bought a madeleine pan for no good reason awhile back. I'd been burning for one for ages. Why? I don't know because I don't think I've ever eaten a madeleine, but after reading the first 100 pages of Proust, I fell for the idea of eating them.

Next up, I recently broke down and bought a pasta machine -- about a week before I went on the first two weeks of the South Beach Diet whereupon, pasta was immediately (temporarily) off the diet. I used to own a pasta machine but gave it away about ten years ago. The killer is that the one I had was a very, very special machine that isn't made anymore and I can't get it back (long story). In any event, I bought this one and am dying to break it out to make some whole wheat pasta.
















The third thing is hot smoked salmon to be made in the smoker that recently entered my life:







This project is most likely to happen before either of the other two -- however, there is one hold up: I need to acquire the elusive Morton's Tender Quick Salt --

I've been looking around for this and was seriously close to pulling the trigger and ordering it but then, I looked on the company website to find that I should be able to get it at Wegman's. I did check there, but will look again before I cave in and pay for shipping.

Also on my to do list is to pick a classic cookbook and work with the recipes extensively. The big problem is that I can't decide which one. I'm totally fickle about this.

What's on your Cooking To Do list???

No comments:

Post a Comment