Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up: Peanut Butter Cup Bars and Childhood Toys

Sheesh, busy weekend. I need a day off from my weekend before I go back to work, but ah...that's not gonna happen.

Sunday we smoked a pork roast which turned out rather nicely and to finish off the meal, SO whipped up a batch of peanut butter cup bars:

Really yummy and although we had a recipe, there was some improvisation on some of the ingredients. I suspect this will not be the last we've seen of the peanut butter cup bars.









Saturday, we drove to see my grandfather who is preparing to move and trying to lighten his load of what has to be moved or sold. I brought back a number of things that were mine that he'd been storing for about 35 years or so. Amongst the stash was a dollhouse:




I am told this was my dollhouse -- I remember playing with it, but I don't remember knowing it was mine which I find strange. I'm sure the lack of ownership feeling was due to the fact that the dollhouse was in the attic a lot of the time. It wasn't in my room, as I recall...I remember having to climb into the attic to get to it. I also think it's odd that the bathroom was so prominently featured with a raiseable toilet seat. As you can see, the man of the house is perched on his throne in the picture. Unfortunately, time was not kind to some of the furnishings and a number of the chairs are missing legs.

I also came home with a box of my old Barbie's -- complete with tons of outfits from the 70's -- expect to see some of those fashions in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment