Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spin-O-Rama!!!

I have been a bad, bad blogger! I've been doing stuff and taking pictures and not blogging. Like everyone else, I sometimes get a little behind. But, this evening, the snow if falling like crazy and the good thing about that is, I am getting a little caught up.

So, what the heck have I been doing??? Spinning art yarn. Or, rather learning how to spin art yarn more competently. And, I am getting better although the pictures that follow don't necessarily reveal that.

First, we have a brown single that I plyed with a otherwise useless sock yarn remenant:













Now, this doesn't look like much but I took the picture anyway. It's a very difficult technique involving mohair. If I could execute the technique better you would be oohing and ahhing...at least I would.











And, here we have a combination of techniques involving some crazy carding and then another very difficult technique that I actually got the hang of by the time I was done spinning what I had prepared.











Finally, here are some of the results of the other spinners from my class. As you can see, some of these gals are pretty talented...I am envious!!!









Ok, now go back to watching tv or reading Facebook...

No comments:

Post a Comment