Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Yummy Food and a Yarn Crawl

Yesterday, we had a little adventure -- a little yarn crawl followed by a yummy lunch at a raw vegan restaurant (105 Degrees). The yarn crawl included two stores which actually turned out to have very nice selections and yes, there was some buying done. I swear I am swearing off buying sock yarn next year but since there are still a few days left till next year, I bought some more. I also got some cool odds and ends.

Well, all that shopping works up an appetite and we headed over to what was a special treat for me: a return visit to 105 Degrees. I neglected to get pics of everything we ate, but did manage to snap a few:

This is the "BLT" salad -- instead of bacon, they season coconut and dehydrate it. Maybe if you've never had real bacon, you'd think it was bacon. But, it did taste good and as you can see, it was a big salad.










I spaced out and didn't take a picture of my first course or my lasagna, but remembered in time to get pics of dessert. This is the chocolate tart that I ordered and took home half of -- and it was very good.











And, this is the brownie sundae that SO had. He said it was good but the brownie was hard.









We also had a couple of alcoholic beverages which were very nice and overall, it was a great lunch...except for the embarrassing part where I threw my gum out in the bathroom into the can of dirty cloth hand towels instead of the trash can.

Later, we went out with the fam for a birthday dinner and then to see "True Grit". Here is SO holding my hand in the movies -- notice the spiffy gloves he is wearing. They are made from buffalo yarn -- we bought them at the second yarn shop where they had a nice selection of yarns from bison, yak, etc. What a treat to see the yarns in the stores instead of just drooling over them in magazines or online!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment