Friday, October 15, 2010

There they sit.

Staring at me.

Peel me.

Dehydrate me.

Make me into applesauce, apple pie, apple dumplings, apple pandowdy (what is that anyway?), etc.



Now, in the aftermath of the Teepee Quest, it's time to get back to regular business. The apples, for example, were acquired at the Apple Festival a couple of weeks ago and though we did manage to get through peeling and dehydrating a half a bushel, the other bushel and a half are sitting in my den waiting for attention. I managed to get most of the den under control otherwise and back on track with getting some knitting done (wait till you see the next project that is coming off the needles!), but I'm still in a pretty big hole -- the produce coming in from the farm shares is still eating me alive...but not that many weeks left for that and in fact, yesterday I had two bags instead of three to sort through.

Oh, and let's not forget work -- the place where I go five days a week and can be a little demanding. The fall, in particular, is my busy time as I'm getting everything ready for next year (budgets, review process, technology projects).

And, yet, at the same time, my mind keeps wandering off to the land of trying to decide which next large item needs to be covered in crochet -- I think it must be some form of sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment