Monday, October 25, 2010

Spinning Under the Influence

I was dreading it. For a couple of months, I have known I had to have some dental work done -- Ok, I call it "oral surgery" and SO laughs at me -- but after, a horrible experience with getting my upper wisdom teeth out by a woman I call, "The Butcher", I've avoided anything other than routine cleanings like the plague.

So, Friday was the big day to get fitted for the crown I needed for a very painful cracked tooth and three other fillings scattered around my mouth. I dutifully took the pre-procedure medication Thursday night and it wasn't calming me down so on Friday morning when I was supposed to take some more...I took more than instructed just in case. I had had too many visualizations of getting in the middle of the whole thing and deciding I wanted things to stop and throwing the dentist and the assistant off of me before I ran out of the room.

With the additional help of laughing gas and my iPod to drown out the sound of the drill, the morning passed by while I laid in the dentist chair. Later in the day, all the lovely numbing medications wore off and the pain started and that necesitated some painkillers.

I'm not a fan of taking stuff like that. I don't like that wooziness.

But, I fought off the urge to fall asleep so that I could make some more art yarn:












Because I was spinning under the influence of Vicodan, this little batch took all night. Actually there were times, when I sort of dozed off while putting together the add-ins (beads and fabric). But, so worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment