Tuesday, October 19, 2010

100th Post Anniversary!!!


Geez, in less than one year, I've posted 100 posts to this blog!!!

You know how it is when you hit a milestone. It makes you scan your memory bank for earlier times. I looked back to a blog I had a few years ago that was rather short-lived. I snagged this post from January 30, 2007 to repost here in honor of this blog's big birthday.

The title was "Belly Flops" and reading it now, I can only imagine how much time all of this took with very little to show in the end:

Not just little flops...major flops in the kitchen on Sunday.

(1) Broccoli, Cauliflower and White Bean Soup. The concept is that you cook the veggies in broth with white beans such as cannellini beans and then puree. Ate half a serving. Threw out the rest.

(2) Algerian Fish Soup. Seemed like a good use for some fish I had in the freezer that I wanted to get rid of. Called for potatoes, tomatoes, onions, garlic, celery, broth, and saffron. It was marginal at best. Ate one bowl. The rest goes out tonight.

(3) Cheese Grits. In endeavoring to make life more interesting on the WW Core Program, I ventured into the territory of garlicky, fat free cheese grits. Might have been ok without the garlic. Ate one tablespoon full. It was not true that the leftovers were better. Threw out the whole pan.

(4) Roasted Cabbage. Compliments of Mollie Katzen's "Vegetable Heaven" cookbook. Seemed like a good way to use up a head of cabbage that was getting ready to head south. It was not. Next time, I will just make coleslaw and forget about creative ways to use cabbage. Two bites and into the trash.

(5) Fried Bananas. Finally, a winner!!!! And, it was a big winner, at that. Yummy.

So, there you have it. All the food I planned on eating this week, down the tubes. Ended up making a big batch of hummus last night to tide myself over.


Wow...what was I thinking back then...this was before knitting captured me.

No comments:

Post a Comment