Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Last Weekend's Cooking Marathon - Update

As I mentioned earlier, I knocked myself out on Sunday cooking a lot of food for the week. But, I am enjoying the fruits of these labors. It's pretty nice just looking in the fridge and seeing a few appealing options already there staring me in the face when I am too frazzled to think! I am really appreciating the dessert items because I'm staying out of junky stuff and eating small portions of things made with healthier ingredients...and so is SO. He was away last weekend and the food wasn't so great so he's glad to be back eating Broken Dishes style.

So, today for lunch I packed some of my homemade goodies and, although I'm not much of a food stylist, I took a few snaps for the blog-er-roo. Here's part of my avocado sandwich -- I almost forgot to take the picture so I have to apologize that it's half eaten:
















I also had the yummy, yummy Bean Soup with Tomatoes and Greens.


The tomatoes in this were super good ones from the farm share last week -- the greens were too.










One thing I learned is I probably only needed to make about half of what I made for the lunches and dinners -- so I will be cutting back to one soup, one dinner entree and one lunch entree...but I think we need both desserts: one type of cookie and one other pie/cake type thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment