Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Color Purple

"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don’t notice it." -- The Color Purple by Alice Walker

In appreciation for the color purple, I've been knitting and knitting a mostly purple pair of socks. They are done. Phew! Lately, it feels like I'm knitting in mud -- knitting but nothing is getting accomplished.

Wow...second sock syndrome is really something else! It feels like I was slaving over these socks for the longest time but probably only about three weeks or so. In any event, they are done and now I have something purple-ish for the fall!

As you can see, I used the flat panel yarn which I love, love, love for traveling (no rolling balls of sock yarn down the airplane aisle!). And, truth be told, I thought the socks would be prettier because the panel was so pretty. I still like them, but I had higher hopes. But there will be other socks to fall in love with...

So, I give you the classic before and after shots:


















Right after I finished them I immediately cast on my next project because the casting on takes a little more concentration. I'm onto knitting the yarn known as "Zombie BBQ" which is greenish/grey/reddish in color. I confess I've already cast it on twice and not been happy with the results. Ugh!!!! Hopefully, third time will be a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment