Thursday, April 8, 2010

Coming Soon...The Blue Hoodie

All the knitting is done!!!

Last night I stitched up the sleeves to the fronts and the back.

In the next day or so, I will get the hood on and then crochet the edge all around.

I had to custom order a zipper so I could get the right color and length -- only cost $10, so I was glad.

I know you are dying to see what this project is -- I offer the picture as the sweater appeared in Vogue Knitting, Fall 2009.





















The color is a pale powder blue and as you can see, we are talking 100% seed stitch! I think I started around November. There was a complete re-do of the back so that slowed me down. The sleeves are a bit full, but at this point, I can live with that. This is the first sweater I've made since I learned how to "really knit" instead of whatever that stuff was that I was doing previously.

I will post pictures of my finished version but that's going to be in another couple of weeks. I was hoping to take this on vacation so I could wear it on the plane and looks oh-so-kicky and cute, but I fear the custom zipper is going to foil that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment