Friday, April 23, 2010

A Post To Tide Things Over

I've been out of pocket due to being away on vacation and now trying to get caught up from said vacation so this is just a quick little post until I have time to really write.

On vacation, I did some serious sock knitting. The pair pictured are quite possibly the worst knitting I've done in the past three years. The project was just jinxed. But, they still provide what I needed which was socks with some yellow in them.












OK, so the sock knitting was really a BINGE. I knitted three socks in about five days. That is a lot of knitting when you consider that each sock is like ten thousand stitches or something crazy. It was raining, I had yarn and needles, what can I say?

But, I was pretty conked out on sock knitting, so I took a break and made this:











Another scarf out of Cascade Magnum. I love this stuff. In a couple of hours, bam, a scarf! It's a beautiful red. I suspect it will be a gift. It's nesting with the hot pink cabled scarf I made earlier this year. There are some May birthdays to contend with so it will be nice to have a couple of gifties waiting in the wings.

I know, I know -- I still owe a pic of the blue hoodie...I promise to get that posted in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment