Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tuli Gets a Hair Cut!!!

My dear little sheep, Tuli, had to endure the indignity of being sheared on Sunday.

I actually recorded it with my flip camera and got it saved on my computer and as of now, cannot get it to upload. So, I will need to spend some more time on figuring that out.

Luckily, I was able to snatch out a few pics from the video --


In the beginning, Emily, the shearer, props Tuli up in her butt. For whatever reason, the sheep (including rams) are incredibly docile.









Now, we are almost halfway done. I saw "we", but I'm sure Tuli felt very alone at this moment!











It's all over and you can see what a beautiful fleece I will be getting soon!











From here, Tuli received a shot and got a dose of worm medicine orally and then was cast back into the pen. The funny part is that after the shearing, the other sheep don't recognize their former pen-mate and treat the "newcomer" to a lot of aggressive behavior. But, they all end up getting their turn to that treatment as the shearing progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment