Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lambing Time

The farm where I adopted the sheep has several expectant mothers right now and a few new borns so we went out to see them on Sunday.

This is a "bottle" baby that does not have a momma to feed him:




Many times farmers do not want bottle babies because of the cost to feed them, but this little guy will have a good fleece, so an exception is being made.









It's hard to get sheep to sit still while you take pictures, but this is Maggie with her new twins -- one is toward the back, nursing:













And, at last, my sheep, Tuli -- she is the one in the middle enjoying the afternoon sun:


Tuli will not have a baby this year. She is too young. But, she will be sheared in two weeks and the fleece will be coming my way.






Yay! More fleece...I have about 25 pounds right now and just arranged to have a processor come pick it up and wash it for me. I had every intention of doing it myself but now, I have too much really to contend with. If all I have to wash is Tuli's, I can handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment