Monday, March 7, 2011

Ethel Cotton Needs No Introduction

Do you want to have more wit, poise and charm in your communications???? You do, don't you? Well, here's your answer:


Behold! The Ethel Cotton Conversation Course! published in 1950 (Purchased at a yard sale last weekend for 50 cents).












You probably can't tell from the picture, but according to the marketing materials, "Ethel Cotton needs no introduction!"










According to Ethel, "Never say, even to yourself, that you have a poor memory!" -- I'm taking that advice right now!!






Lesson 8 -- Colorful Description: "Hampstead Heath! What a romantic name! It made me think of privet hedges, climbing roses, and thatched cottages." I can't wait to work that into a conversation.






Alas, my twelve lesson set is missing two lessons: 4. Too Tired to Talk and 7. Discussing Books and Plays. I shall avoid those two scenarios!

I predict my career shall skyrocket as a result of these materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment