Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Crunchy Granola















I made granola on Sunday. Why didn't I ever do this before?




And, it was good and I'm gonna make it again.









If you want to follow along with me, here's the next recipe I'm going to try:

Granola

5 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup liquid sweetener (maple syrup, honey, molasses, or agave nectar)
1/3 cup vegetable oil

3/4 cup powdered milk
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
Choice of nuts and/or dried fruits

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly greeze 2 13 x 9 pans. Whisk together wet ingredients. Combine dry ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients together except for fruits. Spread into pans. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted. Cool and add dried fruits.

So there you have it: inexpensive, easy and fun to make. What more can I tell you?

Now, most people would be satisfied and stop there but I have to crazy things up by scouring through many cookbooks to see if there are granola possibilities I haven't even contemplated.

No comments:

Post a Comment