Friday, July 23, 2010

Late Week Variety Pack

Oy, what a week! It was a toughie at work for starters and then I got caught up in a fever thinking about buying a little internet yarn business for a couple of days. In the meantime, SO is doing his best John Henry imitation and has been hauling paving stones around in the backyard. So, yay for the weekend!

Last Saturday in between lots of tasks in the kitchen to get the farm shares under control, I drove out to Feederbrook Farm to pick up some roving for spinning. The owner, Lisa, was the teacher for the cheese class the week before and had mentioned that she was having a big sale if you brought some items for the food bank. Since I needed some roving to practice with, it seemed like a good excuse to go to the farm and check it out. Lisa gave me a great tour -- I got to meet all the animals (sheep, mohair goats, alpaca and peacocks!) and tried to get some pics for this blog, but my darn camera phone decided not to work! Can you stand it? When it finally came back to its senses, I got some snaps at home of the bags of roving:









The blue/green roving is called "Fairy Garden"!














On Sunday, we were out doing a little end of the weekend yard-saling, when we saw this funny sign:




I admit I had to look several times before I noticed that someone had taken the "e" off of receive. It gave us a little chuckle anyway.






Don't know what the weekend holds, but tomorrow is supposed to be 99 degrees so it could be a good day to watch the copies of "Dark Crystal" and "Labyrinth" that came in the mail this week and spin up some of my new roving.

No comments:

Post a Comment