Monday, May 31, 2010

Another Day of Pickin'

The plan was to paint the fence. However, before we set out, we checked and re-checked the weather and thunderstorms looked likely. We went to run an errand and on a whim, decided to check out an estate auction at an old farm...and you probably know the rest of the story. We ended up being at the auction for most of the day.

The mini was pretty stuffed:















And, we had a first:



Yes, we finally had something sticking out of the roof. This was a coat rack that SO bid on. In order to sit in my seat, I had to twist myself around the coat rack. Luckily, we did n't have far to go to get home.



I bought a spinning wheel which dates from sometime around 1800 to 1825 and is buried at the bottom of the pile in the Mini. I was very excited to get it. And, very excited to get a nice quilt made out of feedsacks:







This was THE one I really wanted out of about 8 available at the auction. I was very excited to get it -- it was the best one there.

No comments:

Post a Comment