Monday, November 22, 2010

Little Green Suitcase Renovation Project

Can't explain it but I love old suitcases. I don't need anymore of them for stashing yarn in, but still when I find a bargain, I can't resist. So, last weekend, we happened upon the stray yard sale and I found an old Samsonite that was green with a putty colored trim. The seller wanted $4 but we hammered her down to $1 because the inside was atrocious.

The next day, we ripped everything out from the inside and found that the suitcase was stamped with "1950" on it. I had a small quilt someone had given me and we decided that would make a good lining and now I have a cute little suitcase for...I'm not sure, but I find something to put inside.

The pics:

Here's the inside after we stripped it down to the bare wood and went over it with bleach.













And, here we have the new lining!













And, now, the newly cleaned outside!










I'm most pleased with my $1 investment...

No comments:

Post a Comment