Monday, June 28, 2010

The Gulf of Mexico -- Before the Oil Spill












OK, not the greatest picture because you can't see how beautiful the colors are but I was on the road and the best background for the pic was the white sheets on the bed...So, I bought this yarn before the oil spill and it was advertised as having been hand-dyed to match the colors of the Gulf of Mexico...so for those you are having a hard time remembering, I present the colors of the Gulf Before the Oil Spill as knitted into socks by yours truly.

What is travelling for if not for the knitting of socks???

These are the fifth pair of socks I've knitted (so far) this year -- I like to average one pair a month so I'm falling behind! Luckily, I got a jump on the next pair due to a very long stint at the St. Louis airport because of weather delays. We finally got in to Balto at about 1:30 AM and back to our cars at 2:00 AM only to discover that SO's battery was dead! Ugh! Luckily, one of the drivers at the parking lot was able to come to our assistance. After all was said and done, a very long day of travelling but since I love being with my SO under any circumstances, I really didn't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment